Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thinkin Pink...and Brown!

Still on a roll today I guess because I was up burning the midnight oil... well actually it was more like the 2 AM oil but that just doesn't sound as good. Well I just could not sleep so I was up making cards early this morning and these are the two that I came up with:
Latte Anya
The Greeting Farm's Latte Anya: As close to 'simple and clean' as I've ever been able to get, how did I do?

Cheeky Geeky
Also from TGF, Cheeky Geeky. I absolutely love this adorkable stamp and she's been colored up for weeks to be honest all because I was practicing my 'ash blonde' hair coloring. All the embellishments were either odds and ends that have been hiding out in my craft drawer or from my recent haul from my LCS' clearance or discount bin. The papers used for both cards came either from the DCWV Garden Tea Party stack, my stash, or were made by me.



Now, can you keep a secret.....? Me either. I'll tell you anyway because someone should know;
I'm addicted, no, OBSESSED with pearls! I LOVE to use them, they are my absolute favorite embellishment and they managed to sneak their way into even the manliest of cards! Whew! there I said it, I feel so much better. A newer but no less excessive obsession would be my love of stickles. I tried for years to avoid buying them because I knew everything would be stickled once I got my hands on them. I recently gave up my strong attempt to deny the awesome and bought 5, Spun Sugar, Black Diamond, Crystal, Candy Cane, and Waterfall as well as a 3/4 oz jar of stickles dry fine glitter in Diamond. Can I just say I fell in love all over again and have been stickling everything stamped from the smallest shoe to the biggest blingy bows! and I'm ashamed (and a little excited ^.^) to say I bought more on E-Bay and am currently waiting on my next few colors! Bear with the bling till it dies down please, I am a woman bedazzled by bling, do they have a self-help group for that sort of thing??? I'm considering entering one of these beauties in the TGF Retro-Fresh Challenge - Polka Dots and/or Plaids over at Splendid Stamping but its still early in the challenge so I may change my mind and create something else that I like better. I just wanted to share with you guys, enjoy and please comment, I'm the new kid on the block and would love to get some feedback
Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are totally adorable! I just got the Latte Anya stamp last week for my birthday and am totally excited to use it. Love your coloring. Great job on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards...the pink and brown color scheme is delicious! Thanks a bushel for joining our challenges at The Greeting Farm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the challenge over at The Greeting Farm.

    ReplyDelete