Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fruit Filled Fun

Hi people! This post was supposed to go up last night but I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately so there lies the reason for the lack of cards. I admit I love the fact that people love my cards enough to keep 'ordering' them but its begining to feel more like work than pleasure and this is supposed to be my escape! Well no matter, I enjoy making cards and just like with any other job I just have to remind myself that I love crafting, and 'special orders' are not so different from the blog challenges I love so much. That being said, I actually had fun making this one!


Fruit Ninja Card


This card was so different from what I normally make and it took a bit of thinking but I had a request for a fruit ninja card and all I could think was "What the...??? No!" but I realized the reason I was so against it was that it, like altered art projects, was just out of my comfort zone. Cute rubber stamps have been my go to since I discovered Magnolia and The Greeting Farm and I never looked back. To do this card I actually started by playing Fruit Ninja and getting a few screen shots for reference (now why couldn't I have that get up and go research mindset during college?). I used SU! chocolate chip cardstock for the base and ran a sheet of reddish brown cardstock through my Darice Wood Grain embossing folder, cut it into strips, and inked it with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink to bring out the wood grain and make the wood look aged. I used copic marker E25 to make some 'scratches' in the wood and dots for the nail holes. I used Microsoft Power Point to make the Fruit Ninja logo printed it out and colored it up with my prismas. Various fruit stickers from my stash were used for the flying fruit. This turned out to be surprisingly fun to do and my hubby was quite impressed, and wether he admitted it or not, excited about it! Hope it inspires someone to step outside their comfort zone and try something new, you may just surprise yourself!
-Krys

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap that's brilliant! Lol I'm totally the same as you too, I love my cute stamps it's hard to do something different but this is brill! :) im hoping to finish my 'out of comfort zone' project tomorrow and get some pics up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! And what an incredibly clever card! Great job, Krystal! Thanks for joining us at Oozak for our May Challenge - your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love this! The fruit is awesome, I feel like I am playing the game when I look at it! Thanks for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete