Followers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not so Ordinary Oats

Who doens't love a nice hot bowl of oatmeal on a cold, rainy morning? I know I do, but that's about the only time you'll see me eat it! Now the hubby and kidos will eat it all day long breakfast lunch and dinner, and then try it again the next day if I let them. Believe me, I've seen them do it, and it's not pretty. That being said, its a given that we run through oatmeal pretty quickly but it only just recently occoured to me to repurpose the containers to something wonderful! I recently mentioned a iamroses haul in one of my previous blogs, well I didnt exactly have an efficent way to store them without the risk of them being smashed or smooshed until I took a good look at one of those empty oatmeal canisters destined for the dump. Then it hit me, this sturdy can could easily be made to store my floral beauties! Of course the quaker guy is nice, as far as cereal box people go, but I wanted something more...hmmm, FABULOUS! so, TA-DA!


Birthday Anya
 
Anya Treats
 
                                       

 
 
I FREAKIN love the way this turned out! The lid features a coffee filter rolled rose, which I learned how to make from a fabulous tutorial on one of my favorite blogs ever, The Sparkling Scrapper, thanks so much for this awesome tutorial!!! And yay me, another altered/ recycled type project that is NOT a card! I hope to enter this in the 7 Kids challenge blog, Anything but a Card challenge! as well as the Simon Says Stamp Challenge , Simon Says... Flower Power

4 comments:

  1. Your rose is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog, and you're very welcome for the tutorial...glad you enjoyed it! *hugs*, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sure beats the Quaker guy! this is gorgeous! im loving your altered stuff! Although its giving me a right bug to do more! I have a feeling i'll be raiding the kitchen later of empty containers lol :) I LOVED that tutorial too, i need to get my hands on some coffee filters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Krystal!! I love all of the detail you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love how you recycled and used for storage.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete