Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cupcakes and Comfort Zones

Hi guys just a quick post from me since I feel like this card is nothing to write home about :( I know it seems strange to post a card that I don't feel is my best work but I thought I'd take it in stride share it with you guys and explain why. I love card challenges, especially at The Greeting Farm so I do my best to create at least one project especially for their challenges, even if I don't enter any other challenges TGF is my mandatory every week. This week's FFF Challenge was a sketch...I'll be honest, sketches scare the crap outta me for the most part, which is pretty odd considering I usually have trouble coming up with a layout for my cards (ironic huh?). Well for whatever reason, sketches give me the blues and the one for FFF looked especially complicated so I wasn't even gonna try. It ate away at me all week long so I finally decided to step out of my comfort zone and came up with an entry.

Double Cupcake Anya

Hair: E49, E47, E44
Skin: YR00, YR000, E50
Clothes: R83, R81, RV10, RV00, N1, N0, R27, R24, R22

 It came together pretty well and while I don't feel like this was one of my best projects I am still pretty proud of my attempt so yay me! The icecream and sprinkles DP is Carta Bella Cool Summer the blue with white swirls was something I doodled on a scrap of blue cardstock. A few enamel dots with a little baker's twine and I called it a day. This just goes to show that even when we feel like we can't do something, we'll never know for sure till we give it a try. So, step out of your comfort zone and craft your little heart out!

-Krys

1 comment: