Followers

Friday, December 19, 2014

"Frozen" Treats

OMG so I'm super excited to share this project with you guys! It is without a doubt one of the most ambitious projects I've ever completed since I started crafting and I just LOVE how it turned out! Not only that, I'm super proud of myself for sticking to it. Sooooo without further delay, TGIF guys and I hope you love it as much as my daughter did

Icy Special Edition digi

Isn't she gorgeous?! I love the line of fairy tale characters The Greeting Farm came out with, if you signed up for the Super Secret Stamp Club you got them at a lower price, months before they were released for anyone else to buy. If you missed out on those, they are now available in the TGF Store for the exclusive purchase price. This gal comes in digi form so I knew she was the perfect image for my project: 20 mini pizza boxes! My daughter's class is having a pajama party today with hot cocoa and popcorn while watching Disney's Frozen. Since my daughters love that movie I decided to make a special treat for her class using this TGF image based on one of our favorite princesses of the year, Elsa. I printed her out on xpress it blending card and colored her up with my trusty copics. I just couldn't resist taking my wink of stella clear brush pen to her flowy blowy outfit and shoes. The DP was a hand stamped repeating snowflake pattern heat embossed with ranger's Holographic embossing powder and layered on top of some kraft cardstock. The dies used were sizzix for the snowflakes and LaLa Land Crafts for the heart banner. Lucky for me this wonderfully wintery treat box matches the FFF challenge, Winter Theme over at TGF to a tee, how awesome is that? I'm headed over right now to share! So what's inside these adorable and oh-so-time-consuming little treat boxes? A not so frozen "Frozen" treat:

TA-DA!

Each kiddo got their very own yummy sugar cookie decorated like a snowflake by meeee! Haha can you tell it was my first (and probably last) time decorating a cookie? Not bad for a ziplock freezer bag with the tip cut off if you ask me :D. I just hope her teacher is smart enough to send the cookies home with the kids rather than dealing with a 19 kid full blown sugar rush, cause man that icing is SWEEEEEET! The recipe I used for the sugar cookies can be found here and the tutorial for the mini pizza boxes can be found here! Give it a try, they come together so easily and are both highly addictive, glad I made extras, enjoy your weekend!

-Krys

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and that cookie looks yummy. Makes me wish I was in your daughter's class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute Krys & what a special treat!!! I have never tried one of those mini pizza boxes but will need to now! Love this!

    ReplyDelete