Followers

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Getting Green

Happy St Paddy's day all! I'm feeling a little under the weather thanks to some cooties going around at my hubby's job. He was considerate enough to bring home plenty for me, kind of him wasn't it? He succeeded in giving myself and both of our daughters his cold/flu so no outings for me. Since I'm inside for the day I figured I would do my favorite thing ever, get some crafting done! In honor of St. Patrick's day and this week's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge, Luck of the Irish, I made a card using green and white along with a darling digi you may recognize




I printed Dollie out on cryogen white cardstock and colored her up with my copic markers. OMG that wild hair of hers gave me the blues trying to color it but I love the way it came out in the end which is why patience is a virtue I suppose! I was a bit disappointed in how bright her dress came out. It's like highlighter green when I wanted more of a pale spring green like the DP I used but I couldn't get the right combo with my limited number of green copics. I really need to expand my greens, at the moment they, along with my YG range are the smallest sets I own, but green is seldom used by me so I never think about it until I need them :D I finished this card off with a bit of green and white twine and a few enamel dots for embellishment. The sentiment used is from Lawn Fawn, stamped in tuxedo black memento ink. This gal definitely won't be getting any pinches for not wearing green! What about you guys, did you remember your green today or will you be coming home sore? Enjoy your day I think I'll head back to bed while my youngest "nurses me back to health". Remember, if you haven't joined in, there's still time to play along with the FFF challenge, just make sure you get that green and white on there to participate!

Lots-O-Love
Krys

2 comments:

  1. What font do you use on this blog for your comments? I love it and also everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me! I'm not really sure what font I used but I can find out

      Delete