Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Farm Fresh Friday: May Flowers!



Happy Friday bloggers! Today we have a new challenge over at The Greeting Farm  and this week's theme is May flowers! Great compliment to last month's first challenge, April showers, right? I couldn't wait to share this card with you guys because as soon as I heard the challenge I knew exactly which stamp I wanted to use, curious? Here she is!

Roll Call Kit; Nahla


Isn't she super cute? I loved this little cutie pie since I first saw her and couldn't wait to color up and give her the cutest curly hair and big brown eyes! She is actually one of the main reasons I purchased the roll call kit in the first place, I mean I REALLY wanted to color that hair lol! The paper had been in my stash for about a year in a DCWV paper pad I'd gotten for just $4. It has some of the most gorgeous patterns and color combos that just sing spring, so I just knew this paper would be the perfect compliment to little Nahla. I colored her up on cryogen white cardstock using my copic markers as usual with a little orange stickles here and there for some sparkle. The flowers and ribbon are from my stash and for the centers, I colored a few rhinestones with my copics to match my paper and image. I thought the sentiment from The Greeting Farm's Flutter Heart clear set was perfect and adorable with Nahla. I added a bit of stickles to the sentiment as well and a die cut heart corner from La La Land Crafts and this cutie was ready to be mailed to my mommy! I have a few more special ladies I need to make cards for so I'll get back to that and hopefully do a lot more sharing in the coming week. My hubby is getting ready for a long deployment, so in addition to not feeling well and having to prepare for him not being around, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day! Thank you guys for sticking around, I'll get better about blogging again soon. I have a few cards I've been working on and haven't had the chance to share so I'll be working on that too! In the mean time, swing by The Farm, as usual those DT gals have some dazzling cards that are sure to knock your socks off! Remember, this challenge will run two full weeks, so you guys have more time to participate and also keep an eye out, we have a great release coming up as well as a fun blog hop as well so be sure to stay tuned! See ya 'round!

-Krys

Edit: Wow So sorry guys, I've been running around so much my days are starting to blur together! I'm not sure where Wednesday went but I was so sure that Friday was really Thursday and my post didn't get done till Friday morning...which I later discovered is actually Saturday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment