Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Shaking Things Up

Happy hump day bloggers, have I got a treat for you! I've been having a bit of a creative block lately and I finally figured out why, I've been wanting to make a shaker card for forever and didn't have the supplies I needed so I'd been forcing myself to make other stuff. As you crafty folks probably know, creativity can't be forced so I've been bummed out and hating just about everything I make. I finally got a chance to make a shaker though, and a baby themed card using the baby fox from the new Cuddly Thanks clear set from The Greeting Farm seemed perfect, especially delicately waterecolored.



For my first shaker in years, it turned out pretty well, I may have gone overboard with the sequins so next time I'll just stick to two colors at most. I may even watercolor the baby fox in a cute color like  a soft pink or blue next time to match even more. Because the paper had all those different colors, I figured at least most of those colors should go into the shaker window...I was wrong lol! I plan to keep practicing my shaker cards cause this one gave me a really hard time putting it together as well as trying to get a good picture (the lighting in my craft room kinda sucks!) If I stand it up, all the shakies fall to the bottom, if I lay it down the colors aren't as true and you can't see the sparkle of the glitter as well either. Once again I heat embossed the image onto watercolor paper in white embossing powder and watercolored using my TH distress markers. I love this technique because I'm not the best at watercolor but the raised edges of the embossed image helps the water and ink stay in its own section without much work on my part. I highly recommend this technique for those just starting out with this medium. Well that's all for now my crafty friends, see you next time! Don't forget, there's still a little more time to join in on this week's Embossing challenge over at The Greeting Farm!

lots-o-love,
-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment